Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How to remove checkboxes from desktop icons

HERE IS THE QUICK FIX 

Option 1: Go to START > in the search box type "folder options" select folder options go to the view tab and unchecked Use Check boxes to select items

Option 2: Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Click Folder Options > Click View tab uncheck Use Check boxes to select items






ISSUE


for Windows 7 or Vista

I have had this question posed to me in many different ways:

- On my desktop, all of my icons have a little check box in the
upper-right hand corner, I find this irritating and was hoping I could remove
the check boxes from the icons.

- Check mark boxes next to desktop icons

- Upon start up today, I noticed check mark boxes next to my desktop icons and other folders. They pop up when I hover over the icon or folder.




6 comments:

  1. this worked just right!!!

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Thank you for helping me fix that. I don't know how it got checked, but was annoying as heck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockin' good advice. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does NOT work on windows 8... Pathetic.....

    ReplyDelete

Translate